The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) projects that Americans will spend $33.76 billion on electronics this holiday season, the highest peak since the CEA began tracking holiday spending in 1994. This confirms the role that consumer electronics play in all our leisure time. This spending is driven by new features and services. However, it comes at a cost in more ways than one, with TV Everywhere and multiscreen leading to complexities and technological fragmentation as multiple content distribution models need to connect with a host of device types.
This multiplicity of devices will be showcased once more at International CES (6-9 January 2015, Las Vegas Convention Center), where we will demonstrate how our solutions enable operators to deliver premium content to any screen inside or outside the home while ensuring the media sharing experience remains resolutely secure. Our demo suite at the Bellagio Hotel will feature:
- ACCESS Twine™: This solution makes it easier for operators to monetize and manage content services with additional consumer facing functionality, enabling users to better enjoy and share content on all devices
- Multimedia Content Sharing for the Connected Car: ACCESS Twine enables car users to access, play and store content in the car. Through its brand agnostic technologies, ACCESS helps automotive OEMs to maintain and strengthen their own brands and relationships with the car owners
- Support for the new DLNA® VidiPath™ guidelines: Integrated with NetFront™ Living Connect 3.1, the added support for the DLNA VidiPath technology on the client and server sides enables secure playback across consumer devices while allowing operators to control the user experience across multiple screens
- YuMe’s multiscreen advertising solution integrated in ACCESS Twine: ACCESS and YuMe can provide operators with advanced digital advertising capabilities, including dynamic ad insertion, granular audience and inventory targeting, and normalization of ad creative across platforms in and outside of the home, including in the connected car
- NetFront™ Browser BE: Built on the Chromium Blink browser engine, this advanced HTML5 browser features high stability on embedded platforms. NetFront Browser BE is an ideal solution for operators looking to deploy new generation hardware platforms and supports the latest HTML5 standards on high performance DTVs, set-top boxes, game consoles and automotive infotainment system.
- Demo of ACCESS software integration with ZapperBox dongle powered by Entropic: The integration of the DLNA VidiPath guidelines with NetFront Living Connect 3.1 will showcase how DLNA VidiPath on HDMI dongles enables operators to quickly deploy VidiPath compliant services. The Zapperbox dongle demonstration will also feature the integration of NetFront Browser BE, as well as on an Android tablet.
If you’d like to discuss how our combination of standards and strong security solutions can help you deploy and maintain efficient multiscreen services inside and outside of the home, please click here.